Global transformation of a Wide Area Network, previously from a heterogenous multi-supplier network towards a globally standardized MPLS network
Characteristics in transformation process
- Think 15% 15%
- Design 5% 5%
- Plan 35% 35%
- Do 45% 45%
Planning and implementing of a large WAN transformation project in Asia-Pacific region whereas almost 300 sites in more than 20 countries had to be individually planned in detail and infrastructure had to be migrated into a modern, standardized MPLS network.
- Collecting and analysing of technical and commercial data at existing infrastructure of every single site
- Design of target landscape (FMO – Future Mode of Operations)
- Elaboration of migration plan
- Support in case of implementation obstacles
- Moderation and support of migrations
- Controlling of telecommunication provider and local partners
- Quality management and delivery to service
All sites are successfully transformed and are now part of a new global network. Regional communication across all involved parties was ensured. Delays and migration troubles were reasonably limited due to meticulous detailed work and high personal effort.