Provider resourcing of central data centre services including transition to a new provider and transformation of infrastructure
Characteristics in transformation process
- Think 15% 15%
- Design 30% 30%
- Plan 30% 30%
- Do 25% 25%
Support in finding a new provider for central data centre services via tender procedure within a year, and migrating complete infrastructure to the new provider (transition and transformation). In this context, we were asked to design, initiate, control and stabilise the project, and to support the project manager in executing implementation.
- Review of previous approach
- Interviews with most important stakeholders
- Elaboration of critical deadlines and resources
- Development of work breakdown structure and clear responsibilities
- Establishing of all project management processes and tools
- Structuring and implementation of project communication
Project turnaround within six weeks. All project parties obtained a clear picture of further proceeding and worked in stable processes. Project was realised in high quality, in time and budget.