Global transformation of a Wide Area Network, previously from a heterogenous multi-supplier network towards a globally standardised MPLS network
Characteristics in transformation process
- Think 15% 15%
- Design 5% 5%
- Plan 35% 35%
- Do 45% 45%
Planning and implementing of a large WAN transformation project in Asia-Pacific region whereas almost 300 sites in more than 20 countries had to be individually planned in detail and infrastructure had to be migrated into a modern, standardised MPLS network.
- Collecting and analysing of technical and commercial data at existing infrastructure of every single site
- Design of target landscape (FMO – Future Mode of Operations)
- Elaboration of migration plan
- Support in case of implementation obstacles
- Moderation and support of migrations
- Controlling of telecommunication provider and local partners
- Quality management and delivery to service
Two thirds of sites are successfully transformed and are now part of a new global network, the remaining sites will be transformed by the end of the year. Regional communication across all involved parties was ensured. Delays and migration troubles were reasonably limited due to meticulous detailed work and high personal effort.